Monday 14 January 2013

Tattoos...

  • I don’t have a tattoo, I want one, just haven’t really got the money yet. I want one saying “Made in China” on the bottom of my foot, don’t know why really, but everything’s made in China these days. I’d also love to get a UV tattoo of a skeleton on my body. Oh and I lied about Jesus having a tattoo, I don’t think he did.
  • Tattoos have been around for thousands of years, I heard Jesus himself had a tattoo. They used to be very fashionable and expensive although these days they are seen as cheap and horrible. However tacky they may look, tattoos are becoming more popular and are available to nearly anybody
  • In 1991, a mummy was found on the border of Australia and Italy, this mummy was called Ötzi the Iceman. Ötzi has been frozen since roughly 3300 BC, which is over fifty centuries ago. Ötzi had around 57 tattoos on his lower spine, behind his left knee, and on his right ankle. Although the tattoos were only dots and lines, it’s still the earliest form of tattoos we know of.
  • In 2002 a poll was carried out that 1 in 8 people have at least one tattoo. That was seven years ago though, so I’m pretty sure with the increasing number of young people getting tattoos, it would have gone up since then. As of 2006 36% of people from the age of 18 to 29 had at least one tattoo.
  • New tattoos are venerable to sunlight, even after it’s healed, so be extra careful to avoid direct sunlight and wear suitable clothing to protect your tattoo, or decent sun cream.
  • There are over one hundred different colours of a tattoo ink, so you should find the colour you want eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment